Our Korean imported Roboking
VR6272LVM started acting up and refusing to clean.
The symptoms were
Some Internet posts suggested cleaning the sensors but they weren’t dirty. I decided to risk downloading firmware from the English LG website for the Korean model. It announced the update was complete with
13865 software is loaded.
After turning the robot off to remove the USB and turning it back on, it was back to its normal behaviour. So far so good! I can’t think of what the explanation might be** but at least I can spend time writing blog posts instead of sweeping floors.
** One thing I did recently was invert the robot to replace a broken sweeper. I wouldn’t have thought that would cause a problem though
Update A year later in December 2016 and the hom-bot is going around in circles again. The LG Australia site doesn’t have the firmware anymore but Singapore has 16552 for
VR6270LVMB which loaded fine. Again the behaviour has been fixed by a firmware update. I’ll save the firmware this time in case it becomes unavailable. Perhaps writing the non volatile firmware resets accumulated training data which has caused the robot to misbehave. That is my current best theory on why this technique fixes the errant behaviour.
Raspberry pi 16
Pan tilt 5